06.02.06 the decree of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of 09.01.06 №1 has come into force, which regulates the new Order of the Registration and Issuance of the Documents by the Diplomatic Representations and Consular Institutions of Ukraine of the passport of citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad.
By the Consular institutions of Ukraine abroad passports are issuing:
1. To the citizens of Ukraine who are permanently residing abroad in the boundaries of consular district of such institution (permanent residence abroad - presence at the citizen of Ukraine, who resides abroad of the permission of the competent authorities of Ukraine for the obtaining permission to leave for permanent residence or remain for permanent residence).
2. To the citizens of Ukraine who are permanently residing abroad, but, temporary residing behind borders of the consular district of the host country, lost their passport.
3. To the citizens of Ukraine who are leaving to business trip, education, internships, contract work or medical treatment abroad on the territory of the consular district of the host country.
For the citizens of Ukraine who are permanently residing in Serbia passport can be issued by the consular division in case of:
a) achieving by a person 16 years
b) if the passport does not have free pages for visas and other marks;
c) if passport is not valid for the future use;
d) passport loss;
e) change of the name or surname.
For the passport registration to the Consulate Institution submit following documents:
1. Filled application form;
2. Documents, which confirm the identity and the citizenship of Ukraine (copies of the 1st and 2nd page);
3. Copy of the mark in passport about permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia, made by the Ukrainian authority or document, which confirms permanent stay abroad, temporary business trip, education, internships, contract work or medical treatment abroad
4. Copy of permission for permanent or temporary residence on the territory of the Republic of Serbia;
5. Birth certificate of the child and its copy;
6. Copy issued by the tax bodies of the certificate of the receiving of the Taxpayer Identification Number;
7. Three colour photos by the size 3,5 x 4,5 centimetres;
8. Confirmation of the payment of the consular fee;
9. In case of passport loss abroad (teenager travel document) in addition you should submit a receipt of the competent authority of the state, in which the passport was lost (teenager travel document), which confirm the applicant’s request as for the passport loss (should be attached to the application form).
10. In case of the person's given name change the copy of the corresponding document, which proves this change, should be attached to the application form;
11. For the registration of the passport for the children over the age 16 the notarized statement of parents (lawful representatives) and copies of the applicant’s passport should be attached to the application form.
To persons under the age of 18 to 25 years, who are conscripted for one year of regular military service and are not registered the permanent stay abroad according to Ukrainian legislation with the application form need to be attached the receipt of the military commissariat as for the possibility of departure from the territory of Ukraine.
Adding child's data into passport
Child's data into passport for travelling abroad of one of the parents who is a citizen of Ukraine is being added only after registration of the child as a citizen of Ukraine.
For this one of the parents – citizen of Ukraine hand in the following documents:
· Application about registration of the child as a citizen of Ukraine by birth (is handed in by the parent who is the citizen of Ukraine);
· Birth certificate of the child with translation into Ukrainian language;
· Passport for travelling abroad and its copy.
After the decision for registration of the child as a citizen of Ukraine by birth, parents receive the relevant note about registration of the child as a citizen of Ukraine. Procedure of registration of Ukrainian citizenship is free of charge.
After registration of the child as a citizen of Ukraine and issuing the relevant note, in case of necessity, child’s data are being added to the passport document of one of the parent who is a citizen of Ukraine.
For this applicant hands in following documents:
· Application for adding child’s data to passport for travelling abroad;
· Note about registration of the child as a citizen of Ukraine and its copy (for children born from 2001, if only one of their parents is a citizen of Ukraine);
· Birth certificate of child with translation into Ukrainian language;
· If the child is older than 5 years, to the mentioned documents 2 photos of dimension 3,5x4,5 cm need to be added;
· Payment bill about paying consular fee.
Issuing Certificate for return to Ukraine
Issuing Certificate for return to Ukraine is issued when the citizen of Ukraine being abroad has lost his passport documents or their passport can’t be use more.
In order to obtain Certificate it is necessary to present such documents to the nearest consular post of Ukraine:
1. Document, issued by the competent authority of the Republic of Serbia certifying that the document has been lost and is recognized invalid.
2. Application form.
3. 2 photos 3,5х4,5 sized.
4. Documents certifying the citizenship of Ukraine (copy of passport).
5. Birth Certificate of a child if child is to be inscribed into the Certificate for return to Ukraine and 2 photos for the child older than 5.
6. Confirmation of the payment of consular fee.